Summer is not the best time for operations, including plastic ones. But autumn is the time. Plastic surgery helps to achieve dramatic and lasting changes.
Plastic surgeon Pavel G. told Okemen.xyz about the most popular surgeries to transform one’s appearance.
1. Liposuction/lip modeling
Helps to get rid of fat in difficult areas that are almost impossible to influence with diets and physical exercises. For example, this is the inner surface of the thigh or the area under the chin. However, liposuction of the back and abdomen is the most popular. By the way, it is carried out not only for women but also for men.
Now the most popular VASER liposuction. With this technique, excess fat is destroyed using ultrasound. This operation is less traumatic than classical liposuction, respectively, and rehabilitation is easier.
Lipomodeling is not a separate intervention but only a liposuction stage, when the pumped-out and processed fat is distributed over those areas of the body where a little volume needs to be added, for example, in the chest or buttocks.
The operation lasts from 2.5 to 4 hours, depending on the volume and complexity of the work. The active rehabilitation period is about a month. The results can be assessed in about six months when the bruises and swelling finally disappear and the body adapts to the changes.
One of the most popular surgeries. Hanging upper eyelids make a person gloomy, and bags under the eyes – exhausted. This operation will help prevent a few years and transform the appearance. There are several types of blepharoplasty:
– upper eyelid surgery helps to get rid of ptosis, asymmetry, fat pads, and excess skin in this area;
– lower eyelid surgery corrects the lower periorbital area, relieving the patient of loose skin and hernial bags under the eyes;
– transconjunctival blepharoplasty will also help get rid of bags under the eyes, but it is mainly done for patients under 40 years old with elastic skin since the surgeon removes the hernia through a small incision in the conjunctiva, and there must be no sagging skin left;
– circular blepharoplasty will help those who need a complex rejuvenation of the entire periorbital area;
– fat-sparing blepharoplasty is aimed at preserving and redistributing hernial sacs in such a way as to remove infraorbital dips and hide a too-noticeable nasolacrimal groove, so the operation is perfect for older patients.
On average, blepharoplasty lasts about an hour, and the stitches are removed on the fifth day. The active rehabilitation period is two to three weeks, and the result can be assessed in about 1.5 months.
Helps to achieve a beautiful bust for women with both small and very prominent breasts, as well as with asymmetry or ptosis. The most popular types of mammoplasty are:
– endoprosthesis replacement of the mammary glands (breast augmentation with implants);
– reduction mammoplasty (breast reduction). Helps to get rid not only of maceration (separation of cells in tissues) and chafing of the skin under the breast but also of chronic back pain;
– mastopexy (breast lift).
Often these operations are combined. For example, at the same time, the surgeon tightens the breast and places implants.
Women also apply for implant replacement (breast endoprosthetics) and correction of nipples and areolas.
Separately, you can still highlight the correction of gynecomastia. The operation is indicated for men with pathological growth of the breast.
Recovery after mammoplasty lasts from a year to 1.5 years, depending on the type of intervention. The operation itself also takes a different amount of time. For example, if it’s just arthroplasty, then the surgeon’s work will take about an hour. But reduction mammoplasty can take about four hours.
4. Facial contouring (individual implants)
Facial plastic surgery with implants will help to make a woman a gracefully refined chin, and a man, on the contrary, brutal. They can also correct cheekbones, mandible angles, forehead, and even the skull. The operation will help make a face more harmonious, and the result will last a lifetime.
The operation lasts about two hours, and rehabilitation lasts about a month.
5. Platysmaplasty The
The neck is one of the areas where age-related changes (flabbiness and sagging of the skin) become most noticeable. For many people, a double chin becomes a problem. This is where neck plastic surgery comes in handy. During the operation, the surgeon tightens the muscle through an incision under the chin in an inconspicuous area, eliminating sagging and excess fatty tissue.
Platysmaplasty lasts about two hours, after which the patient spends a day in the hospital under supervision. The stitches are removed on the tenth day. The active rehabilitation period after platysmaplasty is about two to three weeks.