Do clothes greet them? Well, first of all, the visual perception of others around us occurs through an assessment of facial features, and the nose is the most noticeable part of it. The correct size and shape of the nose determine the attractiveness of the face, so it is not surprising that rhinoplasty is perhaps one of the most sought-after plastic surgeries in the world.
How not to regret what has been done, plastic surgeon Dmitry S. told: “okemen.xyz“.
In addition to the aesthetic aspect, it is important to consider another significant point during rhinoplasty. The nose is not just an important detail of appearance that can decorate it or, conversely, spoil it, but, first of all, it is an organ that allows us to breathe deeply and feel good. And the health of literally the whole organism depends on a good supply of oxygen to the organs.
What was rhinoplasty
Rhinoplasty is divided into aesthetic and reconstructive, but both tasks are often solved at once.
Aesthetic rhinoplasty can also be of varying complexity – it all depends on the patient’s goals. Some are not satisfied with the size or shape of the olfactory organ, while others suffer due to the presence of a hump or wide wings; others want to raise the tip of their nose, while others, on the contrary, are irritated by their snub nose, which they want to get rid of immediately. For each specific case, there is a range of manipulations:
- A full rhinoplasty will touch all the structural parts of the nose. It is carried out if the patient wants to change the length or shape of the nose, as well as eliminate the hump;
- Partial rhinoplasty is used when it is not necessary to reconstruct the entire framework of the nose but only to change its tip or wings.
Why is surgery needed if the nose does not breathe
Reconstructive rhinoplasty is a complex set of surgical procedures. The doctor creates the necessary “design” of the nose to restore respiratory function. After all, any breathing difficulties trigger a cascade of negative consequences for the body. Usually, reconstructive rhinoplasty is also used due to a nose injury. Still, the need for it may be caused, among other things, by the individual anatomical features of the patient, which prevent him from breathing normally.
Not only nasal injuries and serious respiratory system diseases but also curvature of the nasal septum or hypertrophy of the nasal turbinates can “block oxygen” for a person. However, the matter is not only in insufficient air intake into the body; this alone is a significant problem that requires an immediate solution. In addition, there are other negative consequences. For example, some suffer infectious diseases much more difficult than others just because the natural discharge of mucus is difficult in the sinuses of the nose, with it the pathogenic microflora. This defect can be corrected only by surgery.
A new kind – the rhinoplasty
Rhinoplasty is a minimally invasive rhinoplasty with minimal risk of complications after surgery. It is possible to mitigate all risks by applying special techniques:
- The whole operation is performed through small holes inside the nose, without opening the “roof” – the upper part of the nose; this minimizes inflammation and swelling;
- The surgeon uses the patient’s natural cartilaginous septal tissue, which eliminates the need for additional cartilage that has to be taken from the patient’s auricles or ribs;
- The surgeon applies special reinforcing sutures to stabilize the nose’s framework, excluding the subsequent plaster application.
How not to be disappointed
The patient’s desire should be discussed in detail with the plastic surgeon. Moreover, today it is possible to “see” your nose in 3D on a computer monitor screen. It will be possible to “try it on,” combining it with the image of a person. The “new” nose should be in harmony with the rest of the features of the face, so the patient needs to be objective about his desires and evaluate all the risks and possible consequences of such a serious step. There are situations when a new type of nose does not meet the client’s expectations. In this case, the right decision would be to discuss this possibility with the surgeon in advance and find out if he can carry out the second reconstruction in this case. However, it is better to clarify all the details of the upcoming intervention to prevent such an outcome.
How to choose a doctor
You need to be very careful when choosing a plastic surgery room. A specialist with extensive experience will always find a solution for any problem; it is easier to trust him, which means the result will be better. Here are some markers to make it easier to find the “right” person:
- the presence of a certificate of a plastic surgeon (renewed every five years), as well as the presence of diplomas and certificates of merit;
- Availability of a portfolio: you can evaluate the work of a surgeon, as a rule, through the personal pages of the doctor’s social networks;
- Information on forums on the Internet, where you can talk with real patients and find out their assessment of the work of a specialist without embellishment;
- Word of mouth can also help, but only in cases where you can see the result of work on a specific person. You should not trust the stories about the supposedly amazing results of rhinoplasty, which the doctor performed on a certain relative of your colleague from Khanty-Mansiysk;
- Open conversation with a doctor. Never hesitate to ask any “uncomfortable questions”; only in this way can you feel “your” person in the doctor, and trust is already half the battle;
- Critical attitude to the search for a specialist. Do not trust tempting promotions or suspiciously low prices because health is the most valuable thing.
How to behave after surgery
What will be the period of rehabilitation largely depends on the type of rhinoplasty. Suppose it was reconstructive, with a radical change in the structures of the nose. In that case, at least three months, the recovery period will be longer because a vast area of \u200b\u200btissues was affected. After partial rhinoplasty, it takes about a month to recover. The first time – within three weeks – puffiness, a slight blueness, and pain will keep.
The second point on which the speed of recovery depends is the discipline of the patient himself. Suppose he does not comply with certain restrictions on the postoperative period that the surgeon recommended and begins to ignore the medication prescribed by the doctor. In that case, the rehabilitation period will be delayed, and complications may await the patient himself. To prevent this from happening, during the first three to four weeks after rhinoplasty, certain points should be avoided. Contraindicated:
- warming procedures: hot bath, sauna, steam bath, solarium;
- Sleep on the stomach, on the side (you will have to sleep only on the back);
- Washing the head in an inclination, sharp movements of the head. For this period, it is better to purchase dry shampoo and come to terms with the fact that, at first, you will have to carry yourself like a precious vase;
- Physical exercise. It will be possible to return to fitness in a month, but with caution;
- The use of alcohol and blood-thinning drugs; if the intake of such drugs is vital, it is necessary to discuss this with the attending physician and surgeon.
Revision rhinoplasty is only allowed a year after the previous intervention.